Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Lighter Reading

  When I am not reading heavy theological books or even books for Booksneeze ( I do Booksneeze because I lost my column in the Santa Monica Daily Press because Daniel Archuleta, the managing editor, decided last year that he was not going to be publishing book reviews in the paper for a while,) Makes me wonder, does no one read anymore? Book Reviews are needed. Even in this day of  the ebook. Does no one enjoy reading?
   Anyhow, as I was saying, when I relax in my reading I tend to read mysteries. And I sort of like reading light hearted mysteries. A good series is the Stephanie Plum series by Janet Evanovich. The characters in this series are funny. There is Stephanie who works as a bounty hunter and her friends.
   The latest one is Smoking Seventeen. Evanovich uses numbers for her titles in this series. In this one dead bodies are showing up around the place she works. Her male friends, Trenton cop, Joe Morelli, and security expert,Ranger, are here. Her mother is trying to get her married off. She has even brought a former classmate of Stephanies', an ex- football  player, into the house in the hope that Stephanie will dump her two boyfriends and settle down.  Grandma Bella, Morelli's grandmother, has put the evil eye on Stephanie. Stephanies' grandmother is still going to funerals to enjoy the refreshments. A cold blooded killer is after Stephanie.
    All in a days work for Stephanie.
     I do recommend this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment