Sunday, October 16, 2011

It is Dangeour To Be Right when the Government Is Wrong By Judge Andrew P. Napolitano

Once in a while a book is written that gives a person something to think long and hard about, In this book Judge Napolitano presents us with the thesis that our natural rights, those  rights given as gifts from God, and detailed in the Declaration of Independence are bring legislated away from us. He presents a contrast between Eternal Law, Natural Law, Natural Rights and Human Law. He contends that we are giving  to the government  our rights  in exchange for something the founders of our nation never intended.
This book was very interesting. I enjoy talking politics and this book has given me some facts that I was unaware of. For example, I wasn't aware that my right of ownership extended to my weekly paycheck. That freedom has been eroded by the taxation rules that the government has enacted.
    Napolitano completes each chapter with a conclusion of what the individual can do. We are not helpless victims, he contends. The time is short.
    This book should be in everyones' library. But it should also be used as a prod for action. We need to be aware of our rights and fight for them. Freedom isn't free.
    I am part of the Booksneeze book review bloggers program..Booksneeze has provided me with a complementary copy of this book. The opinions I expressed are my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment