Friday, September 19, 2014

The Blood Cell by James Goss



 
I was curious to know the fascination of the series of science fiction tales concerning this Time Lord. As I have no idea of who or what Dr. Who is all about, I am a clean slate. I personally am not a science fiction fan.
So when a chance to get a book and read about this person was available in my Blogging For Books lineup, I decided to take it on as my next subject.
Normally I do nonfiction and an occasional fiction. The genre I enjoy most is the mystery/suspense. So doing sci-fi is a stretch.
Was it worth it?
 I was provided this book free from the publisher for this review. I was not required to like it or give a positive review, just to write the review and post it to my blog.
In this tale the Doctor is a prisoner on this asteroid with other criminals. They are cut off from civilization. There is an evil something with them there in prison who is killing people. The doctor must stop this monster.
The tale is told from the first person point of view. This view is the prison warden.
The suspense is not that great and the danger is not worth the paper it is written on. Only fans of the series will enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment