Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Beyond IQ by Garth Sundem




Your brain can be improved. By that I mean it can be exercised and tweaked. You are not the sum of your intelligence score.
There is another part to your intelligence known as insight. It has little if any connection to your IQ.
With exercises you can improve your intelligence to the point where you are in control of what is going on.
This book presents some scientific tools for training the areas of your mind that we determine as functional. Some areas covered are problem solving, intuition, emotional intelligence, creativity and a little more. The exercises are interesting and do get you to stretch.
Sundem has written a manual of psychological intent for the common folk. It may not be one that you can sit back and read at a leisurely pace or for relaxation. I found it a bit complex and I am a fan of a book in the area of psychology.
Having said that I also must report It is not confusing.
It presents an area of interest to many; how one can exercise the intellect and not become a victim of dementia. That is an area we must be constantly cognizant of.
I was sent this book free for review from the publisher to be included in my book blog. I was not required to give a positive review but an honest one.
Any views expressed are those of the reviewer and not those of the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment