Friday, November 18, 2011

America The Last Best Hope, Vol 3 by William J. Bennett


    America is an organism. It is somewhere in the mid-life of its growth cycle. This volume of the series "America The Last Best Hope" brings American history up to 2008. Volume one covered 1492 to 1944. Volume two covered 1914 to 1989.

America: The Last Best Hope (Volume III)    Bennett uses an easy to follow style that moves from event to event in context.. These years from the end of the Reagan presidency to the election of Barack Obama were action packed. Bennett attempts to let events speak for themself. No nation stands independent of any other.   Bennett was active in the political realm during this period. This  makes some of his observations timely.     Bennett was able to hold my arrention. The information is presented in a appealing manner to a student of Western civilization. I enjoyed the book as I enjoy history and events that inpact my life.
    I feel that the history of this time period is still too recent to be objective.  Yet we need source material. Bennett has provided the source material.
   This book I do recommend for those who want an easy to follow yet thought provoking book.
    I recieved this book free from the publisher through BookSneeze.com's book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's  16 CFR, Part 255.  

No comments:

Post a Comment