Monday, March 10, 2014

I Like Giving by Brad Formsma




 
It is a great book for the person who says, I wish I could give but I am not sure just where to start or what to do.
 Giving, Formsma points out, is a way of thought that transforms into action. Giving does not always involve vast sums of money. A person can give time and a listening ear and that would be just as acceptable.
  Easily readable and non-threatening, and thought stretching.
The practical ideas and inspiring stories which make up the 12 chapters of the 202 page paperback are laid out in such a way that you are not really aware of the tug on your heart as you will no doubt find yourself responding. At the end of the 202 pages Formsma has included six pages where you can jot down your own ideas of things you can do.
 I found this book to be refreshing. Formsma is not pushing his organization so much as informing the reader of the many ways giving can be expressed. For example, if you feel God leading you to buy a cup of coffee for a person who needs a cup, that is a form of giving. Or if you feel lead to help a person pay his rent, that is giving. Just give a smile to an individual counts as an act of giving.
The slant of the whole book gave me the feeling that I also could be a giver. It is pointed out acts of generosity done anonymously feel good.
This book is recommended for those who want to give but aren’t really sure what can be defined as giving.
This book was sent to me free by Water Brook Press to be reviewed as part of their blog review program. I was not required to give a positive review and any opinions expressed are those of the reviewer and not those of the publisher.

No comments:

Post a Comment