Wednesday, May 18, 2016

There Will Be Stars by Billy Coffey



  
   Coffey once again spins a tale centered in the town of Mattingly. I have looked at this area before back in 2014 when I reviewed The Devil Walks in Mattingly. This time around the story is easier to follow.
   The main character is Bobby Barnes who along with six other characters keep living the same day over and over again. They are not allowed to die. There is uncompleted business each has. Until they complete the task, they cannot be released to death.
   Bobby is the character we see the action through. He notices the decay coming around him and strives to escape before all is destroyed. Where ever he is appears to be a place of danger.
   Time seems to play a part in the plot.
    I am not sure I understand the message. Each book has a message or else it wouldn’t be published.
    The fly leaf suggests the search for truth. If so, it wasn’t clear to me. What was clear to me is Coffey writes stories about a place called Mattingly attempting to convey some truth.
     I would recommend this book as a good read.
     I was sent this book free from Book Look Bloggers for the purpose of a review. I was not required to fall in love with it in order to keep my position as a reviewer.
I review for BookLook Bloggers

No comments:

Post a Comment